Discover Atlanta One Mile at a Time
The Atlanta Marathon course starts and finishes at Atlantic Station near Midtown Atlanta. The 26.2 mile course gives participants a tour of Atlanta, running past well known Atlanta sites and neighborhoods including Centennial Olympic Park, the Georgia Aquarium, Turner Field, Grant Park, Inman Park, Virginia-Highland, Oakland Cemetery, Old Fourth Ward, Piedmont Park, Morningside and Buckhead.
Course Information for Participants
- Aid stations and water/POWERADE will be located approximately every 1 1/2 miles along the course. Aid stations will also have portable toilets as well as first aid items.
- Fuel stations will be located near miles eight and 20 on the course.
- Digital clocks will be located every mile along the course to provide elapsed time.
- The course time limit is 6 1/2 hours (approximately 15 minute per mile pace).
- Please be aware that the course is not closed to traffic. Runners' lane are marked by traffic cones, and runners will need to stay on the right side of the road at all time.
- For the safety of all Atlanta Marathon participants, no pets or wheeled conveyances including bikes, strollers, baby joggers or in-line skates are permitted on the course. As it’s not a closed course, and so you can hear directions given by race officials, please do not wear headphones during the race.